[Peace-discuss] April 4: see you in the morning or the afternoon

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Sun Apr 3 13:26:42 CDT 2011

We have two events tomorrow for April 4, in the morning and the afternoon:

http://local.we-r-1.org/weareone/events/show/1036

April 4, 2011 07:30AM to 09:00AM

Hosted by Ricky Baldwin

Contact: 217-328-3037

Event Description:
Building and Food Service workers at UI are low-wage workers fighting
for a fair contract at a university that has just handed out fat
raises and bonuses to top administrators, raised tuition 9.5% last
year and 6.9% this year. The workers have taken a strike vote. They
are picketing negotiations Monday and Tuesday morning in a last-ditch
effort to reach an agreement before walking off the job. Please join
in this show of solidarity.

Sponsored by:
Service Employees International Union
Local 73

Location:
1001 College Court
Urbana, IL
61801

http://local.we-r-1.org/weareone/events/show/689

Support Public Education and Public Workers
Urbana, IL

April 4, 2011 04:00PM to 05:30PM

Hosted by Katie Walkiewicz

Event Description:
Join local unions, workers, students and community members as we
celebrate the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.. Dr, King was
assassinated when he was fighting for the rights of garbage workers in
Memphis--and we will remember his legacy as we come to together in
support of labor, education and the values of community on this
national day of action.

Sponsored by:
American Federation of Teachers
Local UIUC Graduate Employees' Organization

Location:
Alma Mater on the corner of Green and Wright
Urbana, IL
61820

--
Robert Naiman