[Peace-discuss] Fw: Medicare eliminated

David Johnson dlj725 at hughes.net
Wed Apr 20 18:21:16 CDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: Daniel Mintz, MoveOn.org Political Action
To: David Johnson
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 5:07 PM
Subject: Medicare eliminated

Dear David,

Unbelievable. They really voted to eliminate Medicare.

Last week, all but four House Republicans voted for a budget that eliminates Medicare for anyone born after 1957.1

It's time Representative Timothy Johnson heard from us, loud and clear: voting to end Medicare is completely unacceptable and we will hold you accountable.

This week the House is on recess and Rep. Johnson will be at home in his district. Can you drop by Rep. Johnson's office in Champaign at noon on Thursday to deliver the message with other MoveOn members? Here's the address:

2004 Fox Drive
Champaign, IL 61820

If you can't make it tomorrow, don't worry: you can still drop by any time this week or next week during normal business hours to deliver the message. It's critical that Rep. Johnson hears from his constituents how angry they are about his vote.

Put a personal message inside an empty prescription drug bottle and deliver it any time during business hours. And click here for more information, including a poster you can download to bring, and instructions on how to reach out to the press.

If you can't make it to the office, you can still let them know how you feel about their vote to destroy Medicare. Give Rep. Johnson a call right now:

Representative Timothy Johnson
Phone: 202-225-2371

Then, please report your call by clicking here:
http://pol.moveon.org/call?tg=FHIL_15&cp_id=1565&id=27053-18292185-Bi2kozx&t=3

Thanks for all you do.

-Daniel, Stephen, Wes, Carrie, and the rest of the team

Source:

1. "House Passes Paul Ryan Budget Proposal in Partisan Vote," ABC News, April 15, 2011
http://www.moveon.org/r?r=207968&id=&id=27053-18292185-Bi2kozx&t=4

Want to support our work? We're entirely funded by our 5 million members-no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Chip in here.

PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. This email was sent to David Johnson on April 20, 2011. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.