[Peace-discuss] without the hot air / was RE: Sa. 4/23: Planet vs. Profit: Can the Earth Afford Business As Usual?

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 01:00:05 CDT 2011

Dear Mort,

Both speakers went on to also speak highly of the book you
recommended, Sustainable Energy -- without the hot air, as a very good
technical book.

I am very sorry you have felt like you have to stand alone and defend
the nuclear power industry. The situation in Japan has brought the
conversation up much more often than it had been before.

One topic you brought up is of interest to me: long-term
epidemiological studies. Namely, the design of such studies. We can
keep white mice in cages for their lifetimes, but humans tend to be
more nomadic and all the factors are fairly hard to hold constant
while varying just one.

I did not hear giggling.

-karen medina