[Peace-discuss] without the hot air / was RE: Sa. 4/23: Planet vs. Profit: Can the Earth Afford Business As Usual?

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 12:52:52 CDT 2011

Just to respond to one point, ...

Mort wrote: > their often cited lack of transparency, most
particularly in past years, in an attempt to hide whatever defects are
encountered in their plants.

Some of the pro-nuclear energy people sound very similar to the
pro-deep oil drilling people: "We made mistakes, we are learning from
them, and we will fix it the next time around."

The U.S. military has pretty much the same line about the mistakes
made in Iraq.
And Wall Street has the same line about the 2008 economic crisis....
And the Champaign police about shooting the unarmed Kiwane Carrington...

Basically, I don't trust this line from anyone without oversight.

-karen medina