[Peace-discuss] Tell Pelosi and Reid to appt progressives to The Super Committee

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 7 12:25:54 CDT 2011

--- On Thu, 8/4/11, Russ Feingold, ProgressivesUnited.org <info at progressivesunited.org> wrote:

                                     ProgressivesUnited.org

#yiv2025942437 p {margin-bottom:1em;}

#yiv2025942437 #yiv2025942437outlook a{padding:0;}
#yiv2025942437 .yiv2025942437ReadMsgBody{width:100%;}#yiv2025942437 .yiv2025942437ExternalClass{width:100%;}
#yiv2025942437 {}

#yiv2025942437 table td {border-collapse:collapse;}

#yiv2025942437 .yiv2025942437appleLinks a {color:rgb(97, 97, 97);text-decoration:none;}

 _filtered #yiv2025942437 {

height:119px !important;}
#yiv2025942437  .filtered99999  {
display:none;}
#yiv2025942437 table .filtered99999  {
width:320px !important;}
#yiv2025942437 table .filtered99999  {
width:320px !important;padding:5px !important;}
#yiv2025942437 td .filtered99999  {
width:10px !important;}
#yiv2025942437 td .filtered99999  {
width:9px !important;}
#yiv2025942437 img .filtered99999  {
width:320px !important;height:69px !important;}

#yiv2025942437 table .filtered99999  {
width:250px !important;
}
#yiv2025942437 img .filtered99999  {
width:320px !important;height:8px !important;}
#yiv2025942437
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Support progressive champions for the Super Committee                                              Share this Email on Facebook                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Jenifer,                                             The
 outrageous debt ceiling deal Congress passed this week has shown us that Republicans are using deficits to fundamentally change our government.                                             Extremists in the tea party were willing to watch our country fall off a cliff to protect corporate tax loopholes and get serious cuts to Social Security and Medicare.                                             Now we are faced with a Congressional "Super Committee" of six Republicans and six Democrats with unprecedented power to change our country's budget. And I'll guarantee that none of the Republicans who end up on the committee will come in willing to vote for any new revenue, even if it means shredding our nation's most popular and successful social programs.                                             We must make sure the Democrats appointed by Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi are willing to hold the line, insisting on new revenue and no cuts to Social Security or
 Medicare benefits.                                             We must stand our ground and fight for what we believe in, no ifs, ands, or buts.                                             Sign Progressives United's petition to Sen. Harry Reid and Rep. Nancy Pelosi -- and urge them to appoint real, progressive champions to the Super Committee today.                                             Americans are willing to bear their share of the burden of addressing our nation's long-term budget problems, but those sacrifices should be shared by all.                                             That means Republicans must agree to make millionaires and billionaires, Big Oil, Wall Street bankers, and big corporations pay their fair share, too, by closing tax loopholes and increasing revenues.                                             But the final work product of the Super Committee will have everything to do with the legislators that make it up.
                                 It's absolutely critical that Senate Majority Leader Reid and House Minority Leader Pelosi appoint Democratic members who fairly reflect the interests of the American people, not just corporations and the wealthy -- and it's up to us to apply the public pressure to do it.                                             Sign Progressives United's petition to Sen. Harry Reid and Rep. Nancy Pelosi -- and urge them to appoint real, progressive champions to the Super Committee today.                                             Unlike almost all other legislation considered by Congress, the work product of the Super Committee will not be subject to amendment. There will be no opportunity to add in revenue or reject any provisions that might cut Social Security or Medicare benefits.                                             We have a chance to stop the tea party from fundamentally changing our country -- by making sure the right
 Democrats make it onto the Super Committee.                                             We're going to do everything we can, and this petition is only step one.  We have to stand together now, and be prepared to fight for our values vigorously over the next few months.                                             Sign Progressives United's petition to Sen. Harry Reid and Rep. Nancy Pelosi -- and urge them to appoint real, progressive champions to the Super Committee today.                                             Thanks for uniting as a progressive,
                                             Russ Feingold
                                             Founder
                                             Progressives United                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                We've contacted you because you signed up at ProgressivesUnited.com or provided us with your email address which is listed as jencart13 at yahoo.com. Click here to unsubscribe.

                                             Privacy Policy

                                             All content © 2011 Progressives United Inc.
                                             PO Box 620533
                                             Middleton, WI 53562
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Authorized and paid for by Progressives United Inc., Ashok Bhargava, Fitchburg, WI, Treasurer