[Peace-discuss] (no subject)

David Johnson dlj725 at hughes.net
Sun Aug 14 21:40:11 CDT 2011

For those of you who may or may not know, African American activist and Professor Cornel West and African American PBS Radio show host Tavis Smiley began an anti-poverty tour last week starting in Wisconsin with stops in ; Chicago, Detroit, Clevland, and other cities as well.
They were on Democracy Now last week and one of the main purpose of the tour is to put pressure on Obama and many democrats to start representing the poor and the disintegrating middle class as opposed to representing their corporate campaign contributors on Wall Street, who can't wait to get their greedy little paws on OUR Social Security money and privatize Medicare.

Anyway an African American comedian and Family Feud game show host, Steve Harvey, has called Cornell West and Tavis Smiley " UNCLE TOMS " , because they dared to criticize and embarrass Barack Obama.

Talk about propoganda !
You should check out Steve Harvey's website. He has so many corporate logos on it from corporate sponsors that it would put a NASCAR event to shame.

It amazes and troubles me that shameless corporate sell-out oppurtunists like Harvey are trying to portary two dedicated activists like Cornell West and Tavis Smiley, who have spent a lifetime fighting for the interests of both Black and White Working people as " Uncle Toms " because they are fighting for all of us.
In particular what is troubling is the way Harvey is using racism to try to divide Working people, in other words, if you do not support Obama, no matter how much he has sold ALL of us out ( Black and White ) you are either an " Uncle Tom " or a racist.

This on the other hand indicates to me that the corporate ruling class are nervous, and why more than likely they probably recruited and " suggested " to Harvey that he go on the attack against Smiley and West.
After all, more and more Working people ( Black and White ) are waking up and seeing who Obama really represents, the corporate elite.
 2/3 of the Congressional Black Caucus voted against the phoney dog and pony show " shock doctrine " tactic debt ceiling vote. Including Jesse Jackson Jr., Keith Ellison, Barbara Lee, Maxine Waters, and John Lewis.
In fact, 50% of ALL democrats ( about 75 ) voted against the debt ceiling bill which one member of the Congressional Black Caucus ( whose name escapes me ) called a " Satan Sandwich ".

These are confusing times for many Working people. Many Working people have been conditioned over their lifetimes to believe that the democratic party is the party of FDR and the defenders of the Working class.
This was really never the case, but was to a certain degree more true in the past than what has been occuring in the last 20 years, begining with the betrayls of Bill Clinton ( NAFTA, WTO, China Trade Preference Treaty, dismantling habeous corpus rights and throwing tens of thousands of families off of Public Assistance).

Since then of course, corporate money has come to control our democracy via our elected officials, the same corporations donating money to both candidates in a given race, so that no matter who wins, they win and WE lose.
The corporations also of course control the media that 99 % of Americans watch or listen to with the parameters of debate ( if any ) ALWAYS promoting the corporate agenda and varying between rabid right-wing fascists and weak kneed wishy washy bought and sold corporate liberals whose distaste is not towards the right-wing, but the unwashed working masses.

To see through the charade and diversions of the ruling class we need to always look at NOT what someone says, but what they do. Whose side are they on ?
You are either for Working people or you are for the corporate ruling class.
And I am sick and tired of hearing these lame ass excusses about Obama and many of the dems.... " oh they are trying their best ".... Oh what else can they do " ?  " We have to compromise ".
Do you ever hear the republicans say " oh we must compromise " ?  Hell No  you don't !

Where there is a will there is a way !

Power to the People.

David Johnson