[Peace-discuss] Two Obama lies in one sentence

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Mon Aug 15 20:37:49 CDT 2011

"...There is no peace movement in the United States despite wars that have
lasted over a decade. And in the face of the growing doubts about carrying on
the Afghanistan War much longer, in large part reflecting financial strains,
Obama is able to say, without arousing any societal or media pushback: 'At this
difficult hour all Americans are united in support of our men and women in
uniform who serve so that we can live in freedom and security.' I think the time
has come to say that American freedom and security would be far more benefitted
by bringing the troops hope as rapidly as possible, closing hundreds of overseas
bases, and dedicating a large portion of the resources released to restore
confidence in America’s future within its own borders, which means jobs,
education, and repairing infrastructure..."

http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/opinion/2011/08/201181592644232878.html