[Peace-discuss] Why the Jobs Argument Against Military Cuts is Bogus

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Tue Aug 16 20:50:40 CDT 2011

The Pentagon is a major employer, both directly, through the military (and
mercenaries) and indirectly through the 'defense' industries. Look what a large
percentage of federal discretionary spending is military-related.

Cutting that back substantially, as we should, would require an equally large
federal jobs program, a modernized (and much larger) WPA.