[Peace-discuss] Fw: Let's fight [from Russ Feingold]

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 23 16:13:48 CDT 2011

Action, pls...

--- On Tue, 8/23/11, Russ Feingold, ProgressivesUnited.org <info at progressivesunited.org> wrote:

From: Russ Feingold, ProgressivesUnited.org <info at progressivesunited.org>
Subject: Let's fight
To: jencart13 at yahoo.com
Date: Tuesday, August 23, 2011, 9:02 AM

                                 ProgressivesUnited.org

#yiv2146521566 p {margin-bottom:1em;}

#yiv2146521566 #yiv2146521566outlook a{padding:0;}
#yiv2146521566 .yiv2146521566ReadMsgBody{width:100%;}#yiv2146521566 .yiv2146521566ExternalClass{width:100%;}
#yiv2146521566 {}

#yiv2146521566 table td {border-collapse:collapse;}

#yiv2146521566 .yiv2146521566appleLinks a {color:rgb(0, 0, 0);text-decoration:none;}

 _filtered #yiv2146521566 {

height:150px !important;}
#yiv2146521566  .filtered99999  {
display:none;}
#yiv2146521566 table .filtered99999  {
width:320px !important;}
#yiv2146521566 table .filtered99999  {
width:320px !important;padding:5px !important;}
#yiv2146521566 td .filtered99999  {
width:10px !important;}
#yiv2146521566 td .filtered99999  {
width:9px !important;}
#yiv2146521566 img .filtered99999  {
width:320px !important;height:69px !important;}

#yiv2146521566 table .filtered99999  {
width:250px !important;
}
#yiv2146521566 img .filtered99999  {
width:320px !important;height:8px !important;}
#yiv2146521566
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Petition the super committee to deal a defeat to corporate interests.                                              Share this Email on Facebook                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Jenifer,
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Part of the reason I founded Progressives United is that we badly need to break the limits of our debate.                                             Nowhere is that need exposed more clearly than with the congressional super committee that you helped make more progressive.  Committee members will soon be debating whether we should dismantle our society and protections substantially -- or all but eliminate them.                                             That's an argument we can't win. Years of corporate money in politics have gone toward ensuring that debates like this will end up heads they
 win, tails we lose.                                             To stop this backsliding and start having debates we can actually win, we need the super committee to deal a decisive defeat to the corporate agenda. And to do it, we need to stand united.                                             Stand with me today: Petition Democratic members of the super committee to deal a defeat to corporate interests.                                             Members of Progressives United are petitioning Democratic super committee members to follow these priorities:                                                                                              Ensure millionaires, billionaires, and big corporations pay their fair share of debt reduction,                                                 No cuts to Social Security, Medicare, or Medicaid benefits,                                                 No giveaways to corporate interests,
                           Or no deal.                                                                                          Numbers one through three are important policy priorities, but number four is equally important.                                             If we don't get our policy priorities, Democrats need to be ready to walk away from the deal. You can guarantee extremists on the other side will continue to push relentlessly to give even more to corporations and put even more of the burden on the middle class. We have to fight harder than they will.By urging Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi to pick the most progressive committee members possible, you've helped ensure we can have leverage with the members.                                             Now we need to strengthen that leverage. Stand with me and sign Progressives United's petition to super committee members today.                                             The spotlight of the
 nation is on this debate. In the super committee, Democrats, Republicans, and corporations are deciding whether and how to fundamentally reshape our society and our values. We need to make sure that we are part of the debate as well.                                             If we let them reshape our society without our input, we're going to deeply regret the outcome. Progressives must make our voices loud and forceful in this discussion.                                             That starts with me, and it starts with you.                                             Click here to sign the petition today.                                             Thank you for uniting as a progressive,
                                             Russ Feingold
                                             Founder
                                             Progressives United                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                We've contacted you because you signed up at ProgressivesUnited.com or provided us with your email address which is listed as jencart13 at yahoo.com. Click here to unsubscribe.

                                             Privacy Policy

                                             All content © 2011 Progressives United Inc.
                                             PO Box 620533
                                             Middleton, WI 53562
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Authorized and paid for by Progressives United Inc.
                                                         (Progressives United Inc. is seeking recognition as a section 501(c)(4) organization)
                                                         PO Box 620533, Middleton, WI 53562                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          _filtered #yiv2146521566 {}#yiv2146521566 #yiv2146521566 div.yiv2146521566OutlookMessageHeader {background-image:url('https://33ab2241.emltrk.com/33ab2241?f');}#yiv2146521566 table.yiv2146521566moz-email-headers-table {background-image:url('https://33ab2241.emltrk.com/33ab2241?f');}#yiv2146521566 blockquote t {background-image:url('https://33ab2241.emltrk.com/33ab2241?f');}#yiv2146521566
 #yiv2146521566MailContainerBody t {background-image:url('https://33ab2241.emltrk.com/33ab2241?f');}