[Peace-discuss] JustForeignPolicy reports today

Ya'aqov Ziso yaaqovz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 11:00:21 CDT 2011

*... Sahar Salem, 24-year-old Gaza labourer: if an Israeli is killed on the
moon, Israel would attack Gaza for revenge. By continuous terror attacks on
neighbors, Israel thinks it can bring peace to its people, but in fact it
only brings more hatred toward them .... As for the home-made rockets fired
on Israel, that is meaningless, because they hit the poor, marginalized
areas of Israel that the government of Israel doesn't care about. I hate
that the poor and marginalized everywhere are always the less fortunate and
the most likely to suffer ....*

JustForeignPolicy did NOT report on the 8-18 Hamas attacks on the Israeli
bus driving to Eilat last week. Consistent with that, Sahar Salem (above)
does not know of those attacks as well.

But the nuance of linking poor people of Gaza to those of Israel is
noticeable. I would like to see that followed up by JFP, and not (as many of
their postings) being a mere chess-game move, where readers are the pion
pieces.

*Ya'aqov*