[Peace-discuss] Flyer for 12/3 Main Event - draft

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sat Dec 3 16:36:45 CST 2011

Of course you're right, but Obama is the Executive - and the Commander
in chief.

In the present state of the imperial presidency - illustrated by the
Senate debate last week (see <http://www.salon.com/writer/glenn_greenwald/
 >, e.g. "...Obama lawyers ... announced because of secrecy powers,
'we’re in armed conflicts with some groups the American public doesn’t
know we’re in armed conflict with'") - it's important to point out
that these evil and unconstitutional policies are Obama's own. There
are plenty of people who see themselves as liberals and excuse Obama
on the grounds that the Republicans - or the Pentagon, or someone else
- made him act as he is, when he really wants to end the war, end
foreclosures, end unemployment, etc. - and so must be re-elected.