[Peace-discuss] [sf-core] Re: The 99% and capitalism

C. G. ESTABROOK cge at shout.net
Sun Dec 4 20:04:52 CST 2011

David--

I don't disagree at all. My last comment was addressed to Stuart's
concerns.

OWS is not "satisfied with being a middle-class educated white
movement," of course. It isn't that sort of movement. But a demand for
"diversity" may make it seem so, and - worse - obscure the fact that
it is a class movement.

What are those "issues of exploitation - issues which the 1% depend on
to maintain the status quo - that we won't even realize we're missing"?

Perhaps I'm wrong to hear in these "issues of exploitation" a call for
Identity Politics.  --CGE