[Peace-discuss] A disgusting pro-Obama Democratic front operation

C. G. ESTABROOK cge at shout.net
Fri Dec 16 21:52:54 CST 2011

[A report from a participant in today's rally in Chicago.  --CGE]

The rally to praise Obama for supposedly ending the war in Iraq,
sponsored
by Marilyn Katz, Carl Davidson, and "Chicagoans Against War in Iraq,"
and
billed as a national marque event, turned up 30 speakers and paid staff
members in front of microphones. There were about 5-10 in the audience.
Dozens and dozens of prepared placards that said "yes we can" were in a
box, untouched. Among the speakers were the president of the Cook County
Board Toni Preckwinkle, Alderman Joe Moore, and Tom Hayden.
In opposition, holding placards, were some 15 or more from March 19th
Anti-War Coalition, Occupy Chicago, Iraq Veterans Against the War,
Albany
Park, North Park, Mayfair Neighbors for Peace and Justice, and others.
The
placards included slogans "The U.S. War on Iraq is NOT Over" "Obama Does
Not Deserve Praise," "Obama is Continuing Illegal Illegal & Unjust
Wars,"
"Obama Is Threatening Iran and Syria," "Free Bradley Manning," "No War
on
Iran," "Orambo," "There Is Nothing to Celebrate" and others. Hundreds of
leaflets from the March 19th Anti-War Coalition were distributed to
passersby as well as those at the rally. --<tristan.sloughter at gmail.com>