[Peace-discuss] AWARE should teach a non-credit course at Parkland over the summer

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Mon Dec 19 00:51:18 CST 2011

"The U.S. and the Greater Middle East, from WWII to the Present"

"America's 21st Century Wars, Retrospect & Prospect"

"Neoliberalism & Neoconservatism: American Economic and Military
Policy Since the Sixties"

"The Constitution of the Second Republic of the United States"

"Failed States" (beginning with Chomsky's book of that title)

"Imagined Communities: the US, Israel, and the
Palestinians" (beginning with Benedict Anderson's book)

"The Abrahamic Religions & Modern Politics"

"The Backstory of Neoliberalism: 'Government in the Future' (1971) and
'The Crisis of Democracy' (1975)"

"Aristotle's 'Politics'  in the 21st Century"

"Reading 'Capital' Today"