[Peace-discuss] Some serious economics

E.Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Tue Feb 1 03:04:18 CST 2011

There are certainly TeaPartiers and Paulers for whom illegal immigration is
a central issue.
I can remember when Libertarians thought that open borders were essential to
liberty.

It looks like to me that one of the primary roots of the American Problem is
that they embraced birth control, thus creating in the land a vacuum that
sucks in immigrants.  The US is vastly underpopulated, hence the inrush of
immigrants.  Like the guy said, "illegal immigrants" are much easier to
control than the "legal" and independent kind.

The anti-immigrant wing of the Tea Partiers is simply looking for a
scapegoat upon which they can lay their angst and frustration.  Illegal
Immigrants are to them as the Jews were to the Germans.  It's their fault
that America is so fucked up.  It couldn't be our fault.  See my "I Voted"
sticker?  It aint my fault.

*

Alienation, even unto that variety of civil disobedience that one might call
"illegal alienation" is likely a necessary stage in getting "woke up".

It's hard not to feel a bit alienated after one realizes how badly its gone
down by been taken for a sucker by the system.

I saw a Egyptian revolutionary guy on TV (maybe he was on the TV in the US
too?)
who said "I feel like an Egyptian for the first time".

We get the idea that it's more important to be polite than to possess what
belongs to us.
We confuse passivity with magnanimity.

"Anyone who's well-adjusted is Sick!
It's not my fault that I'm a confused asshole.
It's America that needs to be changed, not me."
(- attributed to Robert Crumb.)