[Peace-discuss] Panel on what needs to be done.

Brussel Morton K. mkbrussel at comcast.net
Tue Feb 8 23:54:47 CST 2011

Some may be interested in a discussion with N. Solomon, R. Nader, C. West and N. Chomsky about the problems of a left in the U.S.

http://www.zcommunications.org/building-a-powerful-left-in-the-united-states-by-many-authors

I find that Nader comes closest to a proposal as to how to accomplish what is needed, although what he proposes may not be feasible. The others talk about what needs to be done in light of the problems to be faced but not even sketching how to do it. (Organize, but how?) I find Chomsky glib in this respect, probably because he cannot envision exactly how to do it. If things become desperate enough, he intimates, it will happen (as in Egypt and Tunisia?).  Ever the optimist?
--mkb