[Peace-discuss] [sf-core] Fwd: Save NPR and PBS

David Johnson dlj725 at hughes.net
Fri Feb 11 22:11:30 CST 2011

I have had no use for NPR ( National Public Radio ) and PBS TV for quite
some time.

Cases in point....

The propoganda campaign they aired when Reagan died a few years ago ( may
his soul rot in hell ) that presented Reagan as an idolized icon, with NO
counter view of Reagan and his disasterous foreign ( can you say " war
crimes " ) policy and his disasterous neo-liberal / neo-conservative
domestic policies.

Then there was the coverage of the People's Historian Howard Zinn when he
died a little over a year ago. The ONLY view about Howard Zinn presented on
NPR was the trash job on Zinn done by David Howoritz.

NPR is nothing but FOX " news " for the intelligencia.

The reason of course for NPR's de-evolution is the ever increasing reliance
over the years on corporate funding.

I could care less if NPR goes off the air.
It would be one less corporate news outlet.
What suprises me is the large number of seemingly well educated and
supposedly " compasionate and progressive " people who still listen to NPR's
corpoarte trash and consider it an " opposition " and " objective " news
source.

David J.