[Peace-discuss] Fw: UPDATE: Wisconsin!

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 20 11:58:31 CST 2011

For anyone who hasn't had a chance to support WI workers in this crucial struggle. --Jenifer

--- On Sun, 2/20/11, Stephanie Taylor, BoldProgressives.org <info at boldprogressives.org> wrote:

#yiv1539307849 , #yiv1539307849 td, #yiv1539307849 font {font-size:10pt;}
#yiv1539307849
#yiv1539307849 td p {margin:0em;}
#yiv1539307849 p {margin:1em 0em;}
#yiv1539307849 td div p {margin:1em 0em;}

 Jenifer, over 75,000 people have signed our letter of solidarity with the workers of Wisconsin. We're trying to reach 125,000 by Monday -- can you click here to sign?
Thanks! -- Stephanie

Our previous email:

Thousands are protesting in Wisconsin for days straight! Stand in solidarity with Wisconsin workers -- sign the open letter against Gov. Walker's cuts and intimidation.

(photo via paulbaker)

For the last four days, tens of thousands of nurses, teachers, workers, students, and citizens have protested in front of the Wisconsin Capitol in Madison.
Governor Scott Walker is trying to cut benefits for state workers and take away their collective bargaining rights - and he threatened to call out the National Guard if they protest, a threat that's still on the table.
And Democratic State Senators boldly refused to show up for a vote -- delaying the vote!
We must stand in solidarity with these Wisconsin citizens who are fighting back against the Governor.  Can you sign our open letter? (Already, dozens of local and national leaders have joined us.)
Click tell the Wisconsin State Legislature to oppose Walker's budget and say no to his threat to use the National Guard against state workers!
Thousands have camped out in the capitol building overnight, a scene
Wisconsin Republican Paul Ryan had to admit was "like Cairo has moved to
 Madison."
So far, dozens of local Wisconsin leaders like Patrick Landgraf, President AFL-CIO Local 18 have signed on, and they're joined by the PCCC, VoteVets, CREDO Action, and Daily Kos, as well as thousands of people from Wisconsin and across the country.
We'll alert the media to the progress of this letter, as more and more people stand in solidarity against Gov. Walker's cuts and threats. So please pass this email to others.
Click here to sign the open letter in solidarity.
Thanks for being a bold progressive,
Stephanie Taylor, Jason Rosenbaum, Adam Green, and the PCCC team
P.S. I've got a guest column in Salon about the history of using military force against workers. Click here to read it when you have a moment.

Want to support our work? We're entirely funded by our members—no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Chip in today.

        Paid for by the Progressive Change Campaign Committee PAC (www.BoldProgressives.org) and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. Contributions to the PCCC are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.