[Peace-discuss] Ilya Sherman exploring run in IL-10; calls for fixed timetable for withdrawal

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Mon Feb 28 16:44:52 CST 2011

This district is currently represented by Republican Robert Dold. Dold
voted no on the Nadler amendment on Feb. 18, which would have cut
funding for the Afghanistan war.
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll091.xml

You may know folks in this district. It includes Waukegan, North
Chicago, Highland Park, Buffalo Grove, Northbrook, Arlington Heights,
and Glenview.
The district map is here:
http://www.ilyasheyman.com/il-10/

The district is considered a swing district. It was carried by Gore
and Kerry. Dan Seals lost to Dold in the last election 51.1 - 48.8.

Ilya Sheyman has worked for Democracy in America and MoveOn.

He has said that he will only vote for money that funds military
withdrawal (i.e. the position of the Barbara Lee bill and the
Nadler-Stark-Lee amendment.)

http://www.ilyasheyman.com/issues/

--
Robert Naiman