[Peace-discuss] Jan. 8 demo

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Thu Jan 6 18:14:02 CST 2011

OK - I'll bring flyers - and then offer encouragement from where I can see the
whole intersection (= inside the bar on the corner).

"A cold coming we had of it,
Just the worst time of the year
For a demo, and such a long demo:
The ways deep and the weather sharp,
The very dead of winter."

Eliot borrowed those lines from a 17th century divine, so I'll re-gift them to
you all.

They're based on Lancelot Andrewes's "Nativity Sermon" (1622) and represent a
recollection by the magus that sets off the reflections that follow.

--CGE