[Peace-discuss] Censor somebody...

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sun Jan 9 21:12:04 CST 2011

Bill to Ban Crosshairs

Representative Bob Brady of Pennsylvania told The Caucus he plans to introduce a
bill that would ban symbols like that now-infamous campaign crosshair map.

"You can't threaten the president with a bullseye or a crosshair," Mr. Brady, a
Democrat, said, and his measure would make it a crime to do so to a member of
Congress or federal employee, as well.

Asked if he believed the map incited the gunman in Tucson, he replied, "I don't
know what's in that nut's head. I would rather be safe than sorry."

He continued, "This is not a wakeup call. This is a major alarm going off. We
need to be more civil with each other. We need to tone down this rhetoric."

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/09/live-blog-latest-developments-on-arizona-shooting/?hp#bill-to-ban-crosshairs