[Peace-discuss] Krugman's column

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Mon Jan 10 10:21:53 CST 2011

[I sent the following to the NYT, for their edification.  --CGE]

How can Paul Krugman discuss the "Climate of Hate" (op-ed, Jan. 9, 2011) with
reference to the awful crime in Arizona - without mentioning that Mr. Obama is
conducting a vicious foreign war? Or that he signed this week a law that
betrayed his promise to close Guantanamo?

For an account of what the latter action means, see David Hicks' memoir,
"Guantanamo, My Journey."