[Peace-discuss] Response to FBI subpoenas: "Students Subpoena Fitzgerald" - Chicago, Jan 14th - via ICJPE

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.illinois.edu
Tue Jan 11 11:34:31 CST 2011

Here's a response to the FBI's harassing subpoenas of nonviolent activists
in Minneapolis, Chicago and elsewhere: subpoena the prosecutor!

Committee Against Political Repression, a group in Chicago,
is doing just that this Friday morning.   More about CAPR here:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=157786074245134
or
    http://groups.google.com/group/committee-against-political-repression---outreach/browse_thread/thread/fd532deb63f43568

[Heard about this action via ICJPE (IL Coalition for Justice Peace &
the Environment) of which AWARE is a member.  AWARE can indicate our
support for this -- shall we?]

More about this action (from the CAPR google-groups page above):

    http://www.stopfbi.net/events/wright-college-sds/1-14-11/students-subpoena-fitzgerald

and, if others are interested in getting involved in responding to the
FBI raids, there is an organizing conference call *tonight*, Jan 11th, 8pm:

    http://www.stopfbi.net/events/committee-stop-fbi-repression/1-11-11/committee-stop-fbi-repression-organizing-phone-call

Here's the ICJPE notice:

Action URL: http://icjpe.org/actions/Students-Subpoena-Fitzgerald

Action Name: Students Subpoena Fitzgerald