[Peace-discuss] Pilger on Assange/wikileaks

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Sat Jan 15 20:32:43 CST 2011

chinaSMACK seems to be seeking stories with some pop interest and shock
value
whereas the Hopium War seems to be about lullabying the huddled masses back
to sleep with muted tones of gentle rhetoric, for a change.

*

In ancient China there was a legend about a roadside tavern that served
/jiaozi/
(a kind of Chinese ravioli).  Before they would  run out of meat they
would add
some sedative drug like Hopium to their dishes, and when next hapless
customer 'awakened'
from his little nap he was the picture of a changed man --
exsanguinated, eviscerated,
depiliated, quartered, and made to hang on hooks in high places.