[Peace-discuss] "Hand in Hand, the Army and the People Are One"

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Sat Jan 29 19:03:30 CST 2011

It is not an insignificant thought.

Given the near absolutely ineffectual nature of the electoral process in
the United States relative to "We, the People", a Mediterranean-style
revolt seems to be not only inevitable but perhaps the only real hope of
the American people.  The military and the (paramilitary) police are the
means of force by which the cultural immune system maintains the status
quo.

My favourite scene from the Egyptian revolt is the smoldering tanks and
the burning orifice building of the ruling party.  Burning their fucking
tanks is a whole lot more effective than standing in front of the tanks
armed with a sack of vegetables.  Tanks a lot, but no tanks.

My favourite news item is where I read that the Egyptian police sent to
suppress the crowds began to cast aside their state-issued uniforms and
join the mob in fighting the oppressors.  Likewise any successful
rebellion in the United States should benefit greatly from the support
of those individuals in the military and law enforcement who are able to
wake up and support the protesters rather than just beat and jail them.
America's stormtrooper guard seems to consist of mostly mindless
enthralled zombies.  Seldom do they recover.  But there have been a few
anecdotal incidents where the police refused to carry out a cruel
directive against the people, even in the US of A.

"Where are all the mercenaries paid for by the King?  Have they joined
the Mob you say?  Doesn't money mean Anything?"
- (Jack Traylor, Flowers of the Night)

The most characteristic Obama Moment (so far) from the Egyptian revolt
is his characteristically hypocritical and deceitful demand for Mubarak
not to interfere with peaceful demonstration.
Forget you, Barry.

We know how your hired thugs approach dissent.