[Peace-discuss] "Hand in Hand, the Army and the People Are One"

Morton K. Brussel brussel at illinois.edu
Sat Jan 29 20:04:26 CST 2011

I, like many, do not know where the events in Egypt will lead. There are certainly a lot of machinations in progress between our "leaders", their European allies, and those in Egypt and Israel. They are all worried, as are no doubt the Saudis, Yemenis, Jordanians, etc. Cairo is a city of many millions. The reporters say that tens of thousands were demonstrating on the streets. Why not more? The military is very much dependant on the U.S. handouts. How will this affect their behavior? We shall soon see whether there is staying power against the forces of repression.
--mkb