[Peace-discuss] chant from rally yesterday: "freedom, where are you? Hosni Mubarak is between you and me"

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 10:40:27 CST 2011

I thought non-Arabic speakers and students of Arabic who were at the
protest here yesterday might particularly appreciate this.

There were a number of chants in Arabic at the protest yesterday,
which, as one would expect, are now famous among Arabs around the
world.

Here is one example:

"O freedom, where are you, where are you? Hosni Mubarak is between you and me!"

The (Egyptian) Arabic is roughly:

"Ya houriyah, feinak, feinak? Hosni Mubarak beini u beinak!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHBzdLSneDc

--
Robert Naiman
Policy Director