[Peace-discuss] Fw: Thank you - your work against unjust drug laws paid off

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Wed Jul 6 14:20:39 CDT 2011

We should be demanding a decriminalization of  "controlled substances," funds
for the treatment of addiction as a medical and not a legal problem (as in some
European jurisdictions), the release of all those convicted of non-violent drug
crimes, and an end to the racist and repressive "War on Drugs."

This is sort of like demanding that those in prison for drinking alcohol in 1932
have their sentences reduced: necessary, but not sufficient.