[Peace-discuss] Dear Peace-discuss, Consider seeing the film "Super 8".

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 22:31:52 CDT 2011

Dear Peace-discuss,

Consider seeing the film "Super 8".

In this film, the military is the bad guy*. Not necessarily the lower
down members of the military (they are just doing what they are told
to do), but definitely the higher ups are asking others to do things
that should not be done.

My favorite line from the movie is "drugs are really bad", (the line
is perfectly directed), yet the only punishment for the drug user is
that he misses out on all the events happening around him.

I love the directing. I love the acting. I love the lines. I love the
story. I love everything about this film, even if it does have all
those action-film-for-the-popular-culture aspects to it.

-karen medina
* doubly. You have to see the film to understand how the military is
the bad guy twice.