[Peace-discuss] Blue Republicans for Ron Paul

"E. Wayne Johnson 朱稳森" ewj at pigs.ag
Sat Jul 9 10:21:47 CDT 2011

If you are a Democrat, and you sit tight and vote Democrat again
"because you've always been a Democrat" or because you think that some
group with which you identity will benefit more from Democrat programs
than a Republican one, then that is up to you, and I wish you well. But
don't you dare pretend that you are motivated primarily by peace, civil
rights or a government that treats people equally.

That Ron Paul, who has been standing up for these principles quietly for
half a lifetime, happens to be a member of the Republican party is a lot
less important than the principles that we should be voting on. The fact
that he is not a party guy should be obvious from his extensive
differences in policy from his party and the fact that many think, given
his views, he should not run as a Republican at all.

As Dr. Paul often points out, however, we live in a country with a
corrupt political party duopoly... and the system is stacked against
anyone who would run outside the two party system. So he's doing what he
has to do. And so should we as Americans who love peace and freedom. It
really isn't complicated...

...the one potential Presidential candidate who wishes to stop killing
innocent people in foreign wars and stop transferring the wealth of poor
and working Americans to the corporate elites happens to be -- this time
around -- a Republican.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robin-koerner/blue-republican_b_886650.html