[Peace-discuss] [Peace] AWARE Statement / Statement of Members of AWARE?

Bill Strutz bill.strutz at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 19:20:48 CDT 2011

I would sign the statement myself, but I think you should say either
* the names of the people who sign
* that X number of people signed
* that "some" members of AWARE signed (not in brackets, but quote some
unquote)
-- Bill

On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 6:36 PM, Brussel <brussel at illinois.edu> wrote:

> By all means promulgate this statement. --mkb
>
> On Jul 7, 2011, at 2:15 PM, C. G. Estabrook wrote:
>
> > Attached please find a statement prepared by David Swanson of  War Is A
> Crime.org, formatted as we do our flyers.
> >
> > David says he already has upwards of 150 signatures nationally - I'm sure
> it's many more.
> >
> > The statement is good enough that I was thinking of proposing its
> adoption as an official AWARE statement - except that AWARE in its
> anarchistic way has never been into "official AWARE statements." Our rather
> flexible boundaries have been open to everybody who opposes the wars, almost
> regardless of their other politics.
> >
> > Therefore I propose making this statement available on our literature
> tables, at demos, etc., with an indication that it "signed by [some] members
> of AWARE."  Let me know what you think.
> >
> > Regards, Carl
> > Peace mailing list
> > Peace at lists.chambana.net

"A lizard, though small, is a dragon inside"
Cute website about gargoyles at
http://www.quidplura.com/?p=390