[Peace-discuss] more on exports from Gaza

Ya'aqov Ziso yaaqovz at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 15:52:25 CDT 2011

http://english.aljazeera.net/video/middleeast/2011/07/201171619436625473.html

and I also have been thinking about exports from from Gaza:

   - Gazan can now export via Rafah (border with Egypt)
   - given Hamas' mission statement, Israel is legitimately limiting exports
   from Gaza to Israel (who will check that agricultural products do not
   contain anti Israelis ingredients, etc.)
   - same holds for export from Gaza to west bank (including option of such
   exports including arms)

Also, what would Palestinians living in Israel gain from the Hamas/Fatah
union?  I think not much. All their social security+retirement moneys will
be lost if they would move to this new state.

Also currently, the Israeli Army maintains the borders with the PA and Gaza.
Who will maintain these borders if a Palestinian union state would be
created? more specifically, who will train and sustain the paychecks of
these people?

Also, currently, Israel is maintaining and providing electricity and water
supply to both Gaza and West Bank. Who will do and pay that for a newly
created Palestinian state?

I am not saying the Palestinians can't or won't. I am NOT saying that. But
nobody seems to address such practical questions beyond dogmatic propaganda,
therefore I am.

And finally, the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ question: with all the services NOT
provided to Palestinians, what are the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ incoming to Hamas
and Fatah spent on?

Feels good to be a liberal, good hearted peace, human rights activist, no
doubt. But who will be answering these questions for us? are we?  We read
Chomsky and Norman Finkelstein. David Green spoke of more research informing
us on these issues. Please David, anybody, help out with specific answers.
Time's running out,

*Ya'aqov*