[Peace-discuss] War party?

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Fri Jun 3 20:33:37 CDT 2011

It means that, in a markedly undemocratic polity, where two-thirds of an
unrepresentative Congress supports shameful foreign wars - while two-thirds of
the populace oppose them - we'd be equally wrong to think of Democrats as
friends as to think of Republicans as enemies.

In the House of Representatives, one of the few principled opponents of those
wars is a favorite of the teapartiers.

(And did you notice that Rep. Tim Johnson [R-IL15] spoke for and voted in favor
of Kucinich's resolution?)