[Peace-discuss] If Congress Does Nothing, The Deficit Will Disappear

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sat Jun 25 13:05:15 CDT 2011

And that's a silly thing for me to say, because of course Rogers watched ("All I
know is what I read in the papers") one of the most nefarious Democratic
presidents of all (and that's saying something), Woodrow Wilson, maneuver a
largely pacifist country into war. (Wilson had hypocritically run for president
in 1916 with the slogan "He kept us out of war!" - and vindictively kept his
honest challenger, Eugene Debs, in jail.) And on the way, Wilson created the
modern government propaganda system (which Hitler praised in Mein Kampf).