[Peace-discuss] J-Street

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Fri Mar 4 12:50:56 CST 2011

So it has. I am not against any criticism of J Street over specific
issues. I'm against a sectarian, totalizing, ultra-left
Spartacist-style rhetoric against J Street that portrays it as an evil
cabal that is worse than AIPAC, and that claims that a broad assault
on J Street ought to be at the center of left critique.

In your last note, you implied that there was something wrong with
anyone who went to the J Street conference. I pointed out that Rebecca
Vilkomerson, Executive Director of Jewish Voice for Peace, was at the
J Street conference, where she gave a presentation on BDS. Doesn't
this fact imply that there is something wrong with the idea that there
is something wrong with anyone who was at the J Street conference?

Previously, you posted approvingly a note trashing a speaker at the
conference. I pointed out that the same source claims that J Street is
worse than AIPAC. Don't you think that claim is relevant to whether
that is a trustworthy source?