[Peace-discuss] Local chapter of Progressives for War

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 08:41:54 CDT 2011

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Nick Burbules <burbules at gmail.com>
To: todays-news at googlegroups.com
Sent: Mon, March 28, 2011 6:50:23 AM
Subject: [PBD - Progressive Blog Digest] 3/28/2011 06:47:00 AM

EXPLANATIONS

More from Juan Cole (thanks to David P. for the link)

http://www.juancole.com/2011/03/an-open-letter-to-the-left-on-libya.html
An Open Letter to the Left on Libya

The GOP plan: higher unemployment AND lower wages

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2011_03/028650.php

http://www.samefacts.com/2011/03/uncategorized/vote-republican-for-lower-wages/

Meanwhile: http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2011/03/27/koch
The Weekly Standard now has a very lengthy defense of -- including rare
interviews with -- Charles and David Koch, the libertarian billionaires . . .

http://firedoglake.com/2011/03/27/irony-alert-koch-brothers-call-critics-extremists/

Abortion: still their core organizing issue – and Michele Bachmann is taking the
lead

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2011/03/27/marcotte_abortion_republicans

http://www.americablog.com/2011/03/bachmann-tea-party-its-all-about.html

Laugh out loud

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03/27/gingrich-on-bill-clinton-its-not-about-personal-behavior/

Is Newt Gingrich a hypocrite?

The former speaker of the House was asked on “Fox News Sunday” how he could have
led the charge in 1998 to impeach President Bill Clinton for lying about an
extramarital affair when he himself was having an affair at the time. . . .
[read on]

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/david/gingrich-admits-double-flip-flop-libya-inter

Newt Gingrich can't make up his mind.

The former House speaker explained Sunday that he was actually against using
force in Libya before his March 23 flip-flop on the no-fly zone.

In a March 7 interview with Fox News, Gingrich said, "Exercise a no-fly zone
this evening."

After President Barack Obama committed to using U.S. forces for enforcing a
no-fly zone in Libya, Gingrich changed his tune.

"I would not have used American and European forces," Gingrich said during a
March 23 interview on NBC's Today Show.

The Georgia Republican attempted to explain his flip-flop Sunday by telling Fox
News' Chris Wallace that he had actually been against intervention in a February
interview with Fox News' Greta Van Susteren.

"Some are saying that whatever the president does or doesn't do, you're
against," Wallace noted. . . . [read on]

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2011/03/28/gingrich_says_nation_becoming_godless.html

Gingrich Says Nation Becoming Godless

http://onfaith.washingtonpost.com/onfaith/spirited_atheist/2011/02/eye_of_newt_gingrich_focuses_on_faith_as_presidential_wannabee.html

In a shameful lapse of attention, I missed Newt Gingrich's 2009 conversion to
Roman Catholicism--a departure from his previous status as a somewhat lukewarm
(by right-wing evangelical standards) Southern Baptist. [read on]

More hilarity:
http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/brit-hume-if-health-care-law-had-incorpora

Brit Hume: If the Health Care Law Had Incorporated Some Republican Ideas, They'd
Have Voted for It

http://digbysblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/healthcare-in-bizarroworld.html
“Bizarroworld”

Stop using them, now

http://www.americablog.com/2011/03/tsa-admits-calculation-errors-in.html
The Transportation Security Administration is reanalyzing the radiation levels
of X-ray body scanners installed in airports nationwide, after testing produced
dramatically higher-than-expected results. . .

The flawed results showed radiation levels 10 times higher than expected. . .

In case you missed the Sunday talk shows

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/03/hillary-clinton-libya-missions-progress-demonstrates-really-remarkable-leadership.php

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/27/tv-soundoff-sunday-talkin_44_n_841098.html

Bonus item: NYT Editor equates Julian Assange with James O’Keefe (wrong!)

http://emptywheel.firedoglake.com/2011/03/26/bill-keller-true-false-but-better-false-than-left-or-right/

***If you enjoy PBD and support what we are doing, you can help by forwarding a
copy of this issue to your friends (using the envelope link below) or by sending
them a copy of its URL (http://pbd.blogspot.com).

I don't get anything personally out of this project, except the satisfaction of
doing it (I don't run ads, etc). The credit really all goes to the people whose
material I copy and redistribute. But if I do have a "mission," it is to get
this information into the hands of as many people as I can.***

--
Posted By Nick Burbules to PBD - Progressive Blog Digest at 3/28/2011 06:47:00
AM