[Peace-discuss] Bill Blum's report

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Mon Mar 28 21:29:53 CDT 2011

...Is there anyone left who still thinks that Barack Obama is some kind of
improvement over George W. Bush?

> Probably two types still think so. 1) Those to whom color matters a lot; 2)
> Those who are very impressed by the ability to put together grammatically
> correct sentences.
>
> It certainly can't have much otherwise to do with intellect or intelligence.
> Obama has said numerous things, which if uttered by Bush would have inspired
> lots of rolled eyeballs, snickers, and chuckling reports in the columns and
> broadcasts of mainstream media. Like the one the president has repeated on a
> number of occasions when pressed to investigate Bush and Cheney for war
> crimes, along the lines of "I prefer to look forward rather than backwards".
> Picture a defendant before a judge asking to be found innocent on such
> grounds. It simply makes laws, law enforcement, crime, justice, and facts
> irrelevant.
>
> There's also the excuse given by Obama to not prosecute those engaged in
> torture: because they were following orders. Has this "educated" man never
> heard of the Nuremberg Trials, where this defense was summarily rejected?
> Forever, it was assumed...

I'm not sure that "the Triumvirate has no idea ... what kind of government the
rebels [in Libya] would create." It's beginning to look like the USG (which
seems to learn nothing & forget nothing, regardless of which business party is
in office) is doing for Libya what the Carter administration did for
Afghanistan, before the Soviet invasion: Brzezinski as Carter's NSA authorized
the most expensive CIA operation to date, to find jihadists to send into
Afghanistan "to give the Russians a Vietnam of their own." Blum may be right
when he suggests that we may "find out before long that the 'rebels' were
instigated and armed by Holy Triumvirate intelligence services."