[Peace-discuss] Call for a Nationwide General Strike

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.illinois.edu
Tue Mar 29 08:59:49 CDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 10:28:54PM -0700, William Munnis wrote (to aware at anti-war.net):
> Hi-
>
> Is anybody at A.W.A.R.E. taking part in this event on March 31? Or do you know of any other groups in the area that might be involved. I would like to take part if there is anything being organized in this area. Thanks.
>
> Evan Munnis

Hi.   I hadn't heard of a general-strike call for March 31st -- has anyone else?

I had heard of a suggestion for to hold a general strike on on April 4th,
43 years after the assassination of Martin Luther King.  The IWW in Madison
held a meeting about this a few weeks ago.  But I don't know of
anyone locally organizing anything, and http://madison.iww.org/
doesn't say anything specific.   Again, has anyone else?