[Peace-discuss] Call for a Nationwide General Strike

David Johnson dlj725 at hughes.net
Tue Mar 29 19:31:16 CDT 2011

Karen,

I am a member of the IWW and a friend of mine is currently a member of the
IWW National Executive Board.

I have been talking with my friend and other contacts in Wisconsin and there
has been talk and the begining of organizing for a General Strike in
Wisconsin.

However nothing is for certain yet.

 This is the first time I heard anything about a national General Strike,
although I would LOVE to see it happen !

I just read ( before your e-mail ) the Chicago IWW list-serve messages and
postings for today and nothing about a General Strike.
Chicago is where the current IWW National HQ is located.

Frankly, it would be a monumental organizing achievemnet for a General
Strike just in Wisconsin, although the mood is ripe amongst Workers ( both
private and public sector ) for some type of dramatic and effective direct
action " push-back ."

I will let you know when I hear more info.

David Johnson