[Peace-discuss] obama a born-again Neo-con - Bill Kristol

"E. Wayne Johnson 朱稳森" ewj at pigs.ag
Wed Mar 30 23:00:16 CDT 2011

Bloody Bill Kristol Praises Obama as a Born-Again Neo-Con.
(maybe Barry is just the same old con.)

It’s not an endorsement Barack Obama probably expected — or wanted — but
Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol gave the president high marks for
his recent foreign policy gestures.

In his “You’ve come a long way, baby” post
<http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/you-ve-come-long-way-baby_555622.html>
Monday night, Kristol praised Obama for his address to the American
people about the action he took against Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi.
On Wednesday’s “Red Eye” on the Fox News
<http://dailycaller.com/2011/03/30/bill-kristol-declares-obama-a-born-again-neo-con-days-after-consulting-with-him-on-libya-policy/#>
Channel, Kristol took things a step further and declared Obama “a
born-again neo-con.”

Host Greg Gutfeld asked Kristol how he felt about Obama coming to him
for help (reportedly the president had met with him and others prior to
his Monday night address
<http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2011/03/obama-makes-direct-libya-pitch-columnists>).

“He didn’t come to me for help, of course
<http://dailycaller.com/2011/03/30/bill-kristol-declares-obama-a-born-again-neo-con-days-after-consulting-with-him-on-libya-policy/#>,”
Kristol said. “I’m not going to acknowledge that. He came to me to make
sure I was supporting his sound policies. Of course, since his sound
policies are more like the policies people like me have been advocating
for quite a while, I’m happy to support them. He’s a born-again neo-con.”

Throughout 2007 and 2008 in the race for the Democratic presidential
nomination, Obama ran as the anti-war candidate. But Obama has taken on
different stripes with this gesture, Kristol joked.

“What’s the joke – they told me if I voted for McCain
<http://dailycaller.com/2011/03/30/bill-kristol-declares-obama-a-born-again-neo-con-days-after-consulting-with-him-on-libya-policy/#>,
we’d be going to war in a third Muslim country?” Kristol said. “I voted
for McCain and we’re doing it.”

Read more:
http://dailycaller.com/2011/03/30/bill-kristol-declares-obama-a-born-again-neo-con-days-after-consulting-with-him-on-libya-policy/#ixzz1I97fsvH9