[Peace-discuss] D'oh

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sun May 8 01:15:44 CDT 2011

"Is there a greater tragedy imaginable than that, in our endeavour consciously
to shape our future in accordance with high ideals, we should in fact
unwittingly produce the very opposite of what we have been striving for?"  ~
Friedrich Hayek ~

      [1] It's not an accident: see the expatriate academic on whom the London
police built up a file under the name "Charles Marks";

      [2] As one of the Deathless Mottoes from News from Neptune has it, "No one
can be wrong all the time"; and

      [3] From the writings of the Latter-Day Prophet Pynchon, "Paranoids are
not paranoid because they're paranoid, but because they keep putting themselves,
fucking idiots, deliberately into paranoid situations."