[Peace-discuss] dream about the moonlight on the wall bash...

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sun May 15 10:54:12 CDT 2011

As the pun-loving Earl of Oxford put it in /The Tragedy of Julius Caesar/,

CASSIUS: Did Cicero say any thing?
CASCA: Ay, he spoke Greek.
CASSIUS: To what effect?
CASCA: Nay, an I tell you that, I'll ne'er look you i' the face again: but those
that understood him smiled at one another and shook their heads; but, for mine
own part, it was Greek to me. I could tell you more news too: Marullus and
Flavius, for pulling scarfs off Caesar's images, are put to silence. Fare you
well. There was more foolery yet, if I could remember it.

And I'm told that there's an expression in Mandarin

聽起來像火星話。/听起来像火星话

that updates the reference...