[Peace-discuss] As we've been saying for a while...

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Wed May 18 20:39:54 CDT 2011

Ron Paul: U.S. Occupation of Pakistan Is Next
Eric Garris, May 18, 2011

Ron Paul, on MSNBC’s Morning Joe, said we are moving toward war and occupation
in Pakistan...

http://www.antiwar.com/blog/2011/05/18/ron-paul-u-s-occupation-of-pakistan-is-next/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AWCBlog+%28Antiwar.com+Blog%29

The Obama administration fears that Pakistan - a country with 2/3 the population
of the US, a larger army, and nuclear weapons - could frustrate the
generation-long insistence by the US to control the world's greatest energy
producing region (not because we need the oil - we import very little from the
Mideast) as a strategic advantage over our real economic rivals in N Europe and
NE Asia. --CGE