[Peace-discuss] Fw: Are 1,500 reasons enough?

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Sat May 28 23:12:20 CDT 2011

--- On Wed, 5/25/11, Robert Greenwald <info at bravenew01.org> wrote:

From: Robert Greenwald <info at bravenew01.org>
Subject: Are 1,500 reasons enough?
To: "Jenifer Cartwright" <jencart13 at yahoo.com>
Date: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 11:16 AM

Are 1,500 reasons enough?

Watch the Video   |   Sign the Petition

Dear Jenifer,
It’s time to say, “enough is enough.”
This weekend, many Americans will mark Memorial Day at barbecues or other patriotic events, but thousands of families will spend the day dealing with the heartbreaking absence of a loved one. Others will spend the day like they spent every day for the last decade: hoping there’s not a phone call or a knock at the door to tell them their deployed family member won’t be coming home.
This should be the last Memorial Day we put military families through this agony for a war that’s not making us safer. Watch our new video and then sign our petition to tell your Member of Congress why the troops should come home from Afghanistan.
More than 1,500 troops have died in the Afghanistan War so far, and the best way to honor their memory is to get our men and women home. President Obama and Congress will soon decide how many troops to bring home and whether we'll keep wasting $2 billion a week on a senseless war. It’s critical we let them know we want a swift return of all of our troops from Afghanistan.
Please watch our new Memorial Day video and sign our petition to end this war.
Sincerely,

Derrick Crowe, Robert Greenwald

and the Brave New Foundation team

Donate today to help bring an end to this atrocious war that's not making us any safer.

To ensure delivery of our emails, please add info at bravenew01.org to your address book.

Also find us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, iTunes or RSS.

Brave New Foundation | 10510 Culver Blvd., Culver City, CA 90232

To modify your email preferences or to unsubscribe, click here