[Peace-discuss] Obama's 'surgical strikes'

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Thu Nov 10 11:46:57 CST 2011

The War party in the US is pressing our unprincipled president to
carry out his preference for surgical strikes against Iran:

<http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2011/11/iran-and-israel-should-take-obama-at-his-word-on-the-nuclear-question/248089/
 >.

("In an interview with the editorial board of the Chicago Tribune
published September 26 [2004], Democratic Senate candidate Barack
Obama said he would favor the use of 'surgical' missile strikes
against Iran if it failed to bow to Washington’s demand that it
eliminate its nuclear energy program.")

We can of course hope that Obama will betray this promise as well. --
CGE