[Peace-discuss] PBS program on military spending Nov 18

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Thu Nov 17 11:33:10 CST 2011

apparently the experts are Winslow Wheeler, of the Center for Defense
Information (a key critic of Pentagon spending), Pierre Sprey and
Andrew Bacevich.

Sprey, a former warplane designer, said this about the Iraq war:

"It is an enormously unjust war, not fought for any of the reasons put
forth," he said. "Very simply, I don't think we should be going to war
for oil companies."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/15/AR2006051501518.html

Should be interesting.

naiman at justforeignpolicy.org