[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Excerpt from a market letter I read

Laurie Solomon ls1000 at live.com
Sun Nov 20 15:02:12 CST 2011

After a few [market] days such as these, a bit of humour is necessary
and this was sent to us earlier this week by our old friend, Mark
Bishop, from The Canadian Shooter Magazine:

"If you consider that there has been an average of 160,000
troops in the Iraq Theater of operations during the past 22
months, and a total of 2,112 deaths, that gives a firearm
death rate of 60 per 100,000 soldiers.

The firearm death rate in Washington , DC is 80.6 per
100,000 for the same period. That means you are about 25
per cent more likely to be shot and killed in the US
capital, which has some of the strictest gun control laws
in the U.S., than you are in Iraq .

Conclusion: The U.S. should pull out of Washington - immediately!