[Peace-discuss] Response to attack on an anti-war vote in Congress

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Sun Nov 27 11:57:15 CST 2011

*Here's a rundown on  some of members of IAVA's Board of Directors.
*

*Yannick Marchal.* Yannick Marchal is currently an exotic derivatives
trader at Deutsche Bank in London in the Foreign Exchange Complex Risk
group. He co-founded IAVA with Paul in 2004 and acted as IAVA's Chief
Operating Officer through December 2005. Prior to his time at IAVA,
Yannick worked in the Investment Banking and Equity Research divisions
at JPMorgan for over three years.

*Wes Moore*. Wes Moore is an investment professional for Citigroup,
working directly for the head of the Global Banking Division. A Former
White House Fellow, 2006-2007, Wes served as Special Assistant to
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

*Les Gelb* was director of Policy Planning and Arms Control for
International Security Affairs at the Department of Defense from 1967 to
1969, winning the Pentagon's highest award, the Distinguished Service
Award. Robert McNamara appointed Gelb as director of the project that
produced the controversial Pentagon Papers on the Vietnam War.  He was
diplomatic correspondent at The New York Times from 1973 to 1977.

He served as an Assistant Secretary of State in the Carter
Administration from 1977 to 1979, serving as director of the Bureau of
Politico-Military Affairs and winning the Distinguished Honor Award, the
highest award of the US State Department.  He returned to the Times in
1981; from then until 1993, he was in turn its national security
correspondent, deputy editorial page editor, editor of the Op-Ed Page,
and columnist. This period included his leading role on the Times team
that won a Pulitzer Prize for Explanatory Journalism in 1986 for a
six-part comprehensive series on the "Star Wars" Strategic Defense
Initiative).

Gelb became President of the Council on Foreign Relations in 1993 and as
of 2005 is its President Emeritus.  He supported the Iraq War and later
claimed his "initial support for the war was symptomatic of unfortunate
tendencies within the foreign policy community, namely the disposition
and incentives to support wars to retain political and professional
credibility."

He serves as the chairman of the advisory board for the progressive
foreign policy think tank, National Security Network, on the board of
directors of the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, member of the
board of directors of the Truman Scholarship program, board of directors
of the Nixon Center and the advisory board of United Against Nuclear Iran.

*Paul Rieckhoff, Executive Director.*  Paul Rieckhoff, a graduate of
Amherst College (B.A. in Politics, 1998), enlisted in the U.S. Army
Reserves on September 15, 1998. In June of 2002, he volunteered for
active duty and a place in the pending war in Iraq. Rieckhoff was
working as an investment banker at JPMorgan prior to his deployment toIraq.