[Peace-discuss] From virtual video games to reality - The last generation of kids have grown up and turned reality into a virtual world.

Laurie Solomon ls1000 at live.com
Wed Oct 19 15:15:28 CDT 2011

This appeared in Reader Supported News.  I thought it might be of interest.  One has to wonder if this is the result of too much time spent on TV and video games where kids live in a virtual world where nothing is really real such that when they grow up they implement that unreal virtual world as a world of actual reality in which no one is actually interacting face-to-face with real living people or has contact with the concrete properties of the world in which they are living in.

JP Sottile | Boldly Going Where Only Drones Have Gone Before
JP Sottile, Reader Supported News
JP Sottile writes: "And a generation of future soldiers who've cut their canines on one shockingly graphic war simulator after another. Just sitting there on a couch, pushing a button and killing one CGI enemy after another. Forget the push-ups, a ready-made army of push-button pilots awaits a near-future filled with ultra-quick assassinations, all-too-easy bombing runs and the ominous and omnipresent patrolling of the skies."
READ MORE

I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".
Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?
Why do Americans choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America ?
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.