[Peace-discuss] DI editorializing on Calvin Miller

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 31 11:48:37 CDT 2011

FYI the DI this morning, in it's hard copy version, printed the Comment from "Right Guy" at this link:

http://www.dailyillini.com/index.php/article/2011/10/local_group_voices_displeasure_against_the_champaign_police

They also printed another disparaging comment from "Unbelievable" that I can't find on the website, that includes:

"I also note that the 'community' is very quick in 'standing with' all kinds of felons and delinquents, no matter what the facts of the matter are, but quite reluctant in taking responsibility for the muggings, sexual assaults, and many other felonies which happen with increasing frequency on our campus, at the hand (sic) of 'community' members, having students as victims. Note the hypocrisy there."

In lieu of an editorial, The DI has thus chosen to publish two anonymous comments supporting the police version. This approach is, to say the least, problematic on a number of levels.

David Green